"Lisa, Thank you so much for your teaching training
weekend at Shakti. I continue to be so impressed by your teaching
and this was an opportunity to experience it at a much deeper
level. I definitely experienced “some positive shifts”
over the weekend and I would like to express my gratitude for
creating the environment, intention, and energy for that to happen.
Your presence, energy, voice, enthusiasm and experience exemplify
what “a true teacher” looks like and it is a very
clear example of what we can strive for--thank you for that!"
--Karen (2010 Teacher Training participant)
"I have been dedicated to my own yoga practice
for many years. The Baptiste flow just seems to mold to my body,
my breath, my own moving meditation. It all came to fruition when
I attended Teacher Training at SHAKTI. I had an epiphany
that teaching this style of yoga was my calling -- I owe it to
my teachers, and all the beautiful yogis and yoginis
that were there with me. Less than a year later, I have been participating
in the Teacher Mentorship Program and the magic continues to unfold.
It is a gift to see students in each new INTRO series
go from being timid about yoga, their bodies, and breath,
and step onto to their mats and find their own power in their
practice in just 8 classes. I love it when I see students continue
on the mat next to me after INTRO!" -Valerie
YOURSELF AND INSPIRE OTHERS!
SHAKTI Vinyasa Yoga 200 hour TEACHER TRAINING COURSE
Registered through Yoga Alliance
Registration Open April 1, 2014 (APPLY HERE)
Sept 12-Dec 13, 2014
Get Registered by July 1, 2014, to get the Early Bird $300 discount!
SHAKTI 200 Hour Teacher Training is designed and facilitated
Anchored in the Baptiste Yoga methodology, in this training
you will learn how to share yourself, connect with others,
and create positive change in the world. The skills and experience
you receive are applicable to any teaching or leadership
role in or out of a yoga studio.
Has yoga changed your life? Stand tall, be bold, and share why
you love yoga! Learn to teach yoga from a place of Truth,
Power, Compassion, Authenticity and Passion! Enhance and refine
your yoga practice, experience personal transformation, and learn
to inspire others!
During this four-month, in-depth, comprehensive course of study,
we will help you develop your personal strengths and use your
opportunities as places for growth. Your skills will expand and
evolve in this highly supportive environment, through discussion,
contribution, personal involvement, community building, coaching,
hands-on assisting, and practice teaching. The program includes
an emphasis on learning practical skills and real classroom experience.
Through your own personal transformation, you will learn how to
support, guide, and inspire others on their own path of physical
and spiritual awakening.
This 200 Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Teaching Training will
include 180 hours of contact hours and 20 hours of independent
The skills and experience that you will receive include:
• Ability to teach a comprehensive, all-levels, challenging
vinyasa yoga class
• Awareness of healthy asana alignment, form, and modifications
• Understanding of effective sequencing based on Baptiste
• Ability to effectively assist and evaluate students’
• Gaining real, hands-on practice teaching experience
• Ability to teach Ujjayi and other Pranayama breathing techniques
• Implementing knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology
• Gaining self-awareness through self-study, discussions,
and personal coaching
• Overview of the history and roots of yoga
through a study of the sutras and the Eight Limbs
of yoga path.
• Practicing healthy, professional lifestyles, boundaries,
and ethics for yoga teachers
• Implementing effective, powerful communication, presentation,
and bold leadership skills
• Understanding of how we teach and live yoga beyond the
• Learning the business of teaching yoga, creating programs,
and owning studios. Training Program Location: SHAKTI Vinyasa Yoga Redmond
Program Schedule: Sept 12-Dec 13, 2014
Program Timeline (Subject to change):
April 1, 2014--REGISTRATION OPEN! Program Schedule/Pricing/Applications available April-August 30, 2013--Applications accepted and reviewed within 2-3 weeks
July 1, 2014--Date for early bird pricing discounts
August 29, 2014—All Final Payments due in full (non-refundable)
September 12-14, Weekend 1: Foundations
September 19-21, Weekend 2: Guest Master Teacher Bryan Kest
September 26-28, Weekend 3: Your Authentic Voice as a teacher, Philosophy and History
October 10-12, Weekend 4: Anatomy
October 24-26, Weekend 5: Teacher Assisting Program
November 7-9, Weekend 6: Teaching basics, backbends, twists and more
November 21-23, Weekend 7: Turn your word upside down, Inversions
December 5-7, Weekend 8: Learn to fly, arm balances
December 12-13, Weekend 8.5: Exam, Practice teaching, Closing Celebration!
• $500 non-refundable deposit with completed application to secure your space to be applied towards full tuition
• $3,200 Early registration discount—by July 1, 2014
• $3,500 Registration after July 1, 2014
• All final payments by check are due by August 29, 2014 (Non-Refundable)
*Program Cost includes: A FREE Unlimited Pass for yoga classes at all three studio locations is included in the cost of tuition. The unlimited pass will be good from Sept 12- Dec 13, 2014.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Upon acceptance to the program, the $500 application fee is non-refundable. If cancel prior to August 12, the $500 application fee will be foreited and the remaining tuition will be refunded. If cancel within 14 days before start of the training, the $500 application fee and 50% of the balance will be forfeited. Once the program begins, tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Apply for Teacher Training in Two Easy Steps!
1) Application: $500 non-refunable application deposit is due with your application (Step 2). Full payment of the remaining balance is required no later than August 29, 2014. (Payment is due in full by Jul 1, 2014, in order to get the $300 off discount.)
Please complete the application form, save the original and send a copy as an email attachment to SHAKTI Redmond (email@example.com), Attention: 2014 200 HR Teacher Training Program.
2) Deposit: Please complete the deposit payment through this button: